Thursday, August 02, 2007

Status

Work is slow at Threepenny -- the typical summer slump. In July, I finished a critique, two manuscript editing projects, and several sample edits. I put in some good, hard work on a ghostwriting project. I saved my personal website from peril (thanks to the Registerfly.com sellout), and raced well in two big triathlons. I also tried to save the Earth; or at least I put more miles on my bike than on my '93 Saturn.

Portland summers are sweet, and there's nothing like closing the laptop at 5 p.m. sharp and pedaling to the top of Mt. Tabor Park, sitting in the grass with friends, watching the bicycle races, and waiting for the sun to set behind the city. A slow month on the P&L doesn't mean hard times.

1 comments:

Dr. Paul Shemp said...

Your post reminds me of the value of a warm summer afternoon in the sun. I've measured my free times by the books that I've finally gotten around to. "Saturday? Read 'The World is Flat' and started 'Getting Things Done'." This new job is incredible, but I hardly have a few hours to string together to call my own.